The Courtside Black Culture Bursary presents a $1000 award (each) to three Black Prince Edward Island students annually to help defray post-secondary education costs. The Bursary is awarded based on the demonstrated financial need of the recipient, volunteer experience, extra-curricular involvement, and community service. Because this bursary prioritizes financial need, applicants must complete the Financial Need Section of the bursary application. All information submitted with the bursary application is treated as sensitive and confidential.
- At the time of application, the applicant must identify as Black or of African descent
- At the time of application, the applicant must currently be registered in an undergraduate level university or college degree/diploma program in Prince Edward Island commencing September or January immediately following the current competition.
- Competition is open to both domestic and international students, including students on study visas, permanent residents, students with refugee status, and citizens.
- Students must be able to demonstrate financial need through the Financial Need section of the application form.
- Preference will be given to students who can demonstrate a high level of community involvement, community service, and leadership qualities.
Friday, July 12, 2021, 11:59 PM (5:00pm for in-person submissions)